Dear German Enthusiast,
You came to the right place!
Imagine that in 10 weeks from now, less than 3 months, you will have learned so much German that you can:
- Go to Germany, step off the plane or the train...
- and you can converse comfortably with Germans in most of the situations you end up in that day.
For example, you ask for directions to a local “Berliner”.
You buy train tickets, all in German.
You arrive at your new apartment, introduce yourself, and instantly make new friends.
You go grocery shopping.
In all these situations, you can hold yourself together in a conversation in German.
Not without any mistakes, of course.
But you know what to expect and what to say, and you understand what others say to you.
You can focus on exploring a new country, making friends, and having actual conversations with them, instead of worrying about grammar all the time.
You won’t feel clumsy and you won’t have to translate in your head anymore.
That's what we want for you. And if you take us up on it, we know that you can do it... even if right now you still think this sounds like a far-fetched dream!
The principles of the 3+1 Formula.
Step 1: Get into the Right Mindset
As you’ve probably already experienced, learning German is not that easy. In fact, most people who start learning German never become fluent.
Why do some people become fluent and others fail?
I’ve met people from all over the world who managed to become fluent in German and I learned that those who succeed...
- Have a strong reason to learn German, they’re motivated
- They were willing to put in the work, and study a bit, every single day.
And… they always believed that they could be fluent in German one day.
If you want to master the German language you need to surround yourself with people who support you. You need to create an environment that keeps you accountable and keeps you motivated.
Step 2: Use a Powerful Method: Chunking
Studying words and grammar and trying to string them together in sentences is usually difficult and quickly becomes frustrating.
What if I told you that you can absorb German naturally with our ‘’chunking’’ method?
Will tell you how this works in the section below...
Step 3: Find Fun and Engaging Material
If the materials you’re using are boring, you’re more likely to give up.
Materials need to be fun and at the same time, everything you learn needs to be relevant. If you're learning things you can't apply directly, it's probably a waste of your time.
So many traditional language courses teach you stuff that you don’t need. Focus on the relevant words and sentence structures that native people all use on a daily basis and that you can start using immediately.
PLUS 1: Reality check
Would it be possible to learn how to swim by practising only on dry land?
The same goes for learning German!
Of course, you need to learn words and some grammar, but eventually, the only way to become a confident German speaker is by actually USING it!
Now let me show you how this ''chunking'' method works I told you about...
The Chunking Method
-Learn German through observing dialogues and chunking... so you don’t have to think about grammar while speaking-
Many language courses focus so much on making you cram word lists and do grammar drills that they forget to show you real German conversation…
Which means that when you end up in a conversation, you’ll feel clumsy...
You'll be translating from your mother tongue...
And have to think about grammar rules, cases, conjugations all the time.
A much faster and better way to make you speak like a German native speaker is…
Observing conversations between German native speakers!
This changes everything...
Because in these conversations you can see exactly how native speakers speak, which words they use, and which patterns and word combinations (or chunks) they use.
If you do that, very soon you'll start to have ah-ha moments, where you think:
"Ah, so THAT'S how a native German speaker says it!”
And the beautiful part: you can now start saying exactly the same thing, without even having to think about the grammar behind it. After all, you’ve just heard a native speaker say it... so you know for a fact it sounds natural!
Here are some examples of useful chunks (highlighted in German and English):
Here are some examples of Useful Chunks...
(Highlighted in German and English)
The reason why observing chunks instead of words and grammar rules works so well is simple:
German (and other languages) just don't exist in your brain as a bunch of words and grammar rules.
They exist as a network of word combinations, CHUNKS that are always (or very often) used together, and between which the connections in your brain are so strong that they just roll off the tongue!
That’s why native Germans can’t explain why they’re using Dativ, Akkusativ, Genitiv etc. and why they often don't even know any declension tables.
That's why, if you've been watching my videos, you're all saying "Hallo alle zusammen" now ;)
It's all stored as a chunk in your brain!
Of course, you still need to learn grammar.
But if you combine that with learning chunks, you’ll also be able to SPEAK German confidently without having to think about the grammar all the time!
If you have all this in place, you WILL speak German
How do we know?
Because we've had hundreds of students learn German through chunking already in the past year. For example, Jen was a student in our past courses, and this is what she told us after going through the course:
You can hear Jen speak German here:
THIS is what we want for you as well. Can you imagine how good it would feel to speak like that and get compliments from native speakers? It's totally possible with...
Anja's Big 10-Week German Challenge!
Here's the concept:
You enroll in the Challenge now.
You follow a step-by-step group study program with multiple weekly lessons (tied together as a story) and monthly live calls at either complete beginner level (A1), upper beginner level (A2) or intermediate level (B1).
At the same time, you also learn all the “foundational German grammar” that you need to start holding conversations (more or less up to B1 level).
In 10 weeks you wrap up the Challenge. You will now be able to use your new German skills in conversations with native speakers.
WHO IS THIS FOR?
- YES: The Challenge is perfect for beginners/upper beginners/intermediates. You can choose between three levels: A1, A2 and B1. You get all the dialogues to be able to converse German, AND grammar foundations up to B1 level.
- YES: if you’re at an advanced level, have never learned with chunks before and want to brush up on all your basics (there’s TONS of content in here). In the past, we had many students go from B1 back to A1-A2 beginner dialogs to learn the chunks from the more "foundational" situations covered in this course.
- NO :( : If you’re at a very advanced (B2-C1) level already, then the learning materials are probably too easy for you.
In cooperation with...
I'm Lucas from Germany, founder of Learn-German-Easily.com, one of the most popular sites for learning German. Anja and I wrote the dialogues together.
I just hope you have well trained laughing muscles... you’ll need them!
Here's everything you get in Anja's 10-Week German Challenge
1. Weekly New Units With Foundational German Conversations
We've been hard at work creating a big story that contains German dialogues, designed to teach you EXACTLY how to communicate and have conversations in the most frequent situations you’ll end in Germany.
After you enroll, you can choose (or take our placement test) between "complete beginner (A1)" or "upper beginner (A2)" level or "intermediate (B1)" level. Each level has 20 units containing 60 dialogues in total, covering all situations you'll likely find yourself in when you're in Germany.
Moreover, these units also cover all foundational grammar for your level!
Every week you'll get access to new units with several dialogs. All the lessons are available in our private members area.
You get lifetime access to them (so even after the Challenge ends you can keep accessing them)...
And you can download and/or print out the materials if you prefer to learn with paper materials or listen to the dialogue in your car.
What's more: we don't just give you these learning materials... We also show you exactly how you can use them to make the most out of them!
Every Lesson Comes with:
- Native-speaker audios so you can practice your listening skills.
- An extra downloadable pdf transcript with a parallel translation in English so you don't need to use a dictionary.
- The most important chunks are highlighted in the pdf transcript. That way you don't have to look for them yourself anymore!
- Grammar explanations with each lesson. We're covering all foundational grammar (A1-A2-B1 level)
- Flashcard decks for each dialog. These flashcards contain the relevant chunks in their sentence context and contain native-speaker audio. Available to practice anywhere in a special app for your phone/tablet/computer.
- Grammar and Chunk Exercises for each lesson. Finally master German grammar!
- NEW: Speaking Exercises! Try to answer the questions in our speaking practice videos and activate what you've learned!
- NEW: Writing Exercises + Feedback! We've added writing exercises at the end of each lesson so that you can activate your writing skills as well. The best thing about this? Our tutors will make corrections and give you feedback!
2. 10 Weeks of Guidance and Live Calls
Language learning is not a linear process, sometimes you feel like you’re improving a lot, then one bad experience can make you feel like you’re not getting anywhere.
The trick is not to be discouraged by this; if you stick to the program for 10 weeks, you WILL make enormous progress. We can guarantee that.
That’s why you need to find ways to keep yourself on track and accountable so you stick with it during the 10 weeks.
- In our Challenge, you get access to a community with your fellow Challenge participants, Anja and other German tutors answering your questions. You will also get support from a group of other passionate German learners, who are more or less at the same level, have the same interests, who go through the same struggles and victories as you do.
- Monthly Group Q&A calls: where we'll answer all your questions live, you can learn from other people's questions, and you can practice your German!
3. Lifetime Access To Our German Q&A Community
We already said before that you get lifetime access to all lessons. We'll release them over a 10-week period, but you might need more time to go through them (or just review them later on).
That's why we also want to give you lifetime access to the Community with other German students. After all, you might have questions about these lessons in the future as well!
What's more: we've noticed in past courses how motivating being in a community with other students can be. You're not in this alone, and it's fun to share photos, videos, resources, memes and have a place to go to with all your
(Important: you get lifetime community access. You'll be able to post, interact with others in the community and ask questions about the lessons. As for the monthly live calls: they take place during the challenge).
4. Big Review: Finish The Challenge And Get A Certificate Of Completion!
After 10 weeks, we review your progress... And if you've completed all 10 weeks, we'll issue you a Certificate of Completion!
(Disclaimer: this is not an official CEFR certificate validated by German authorities. It's a certificate that we issue to you to show that you've successfully completed our course :) ).
If you follow the program during these 10 weeks, you’ll make some pretty incredible progress.
After the Challenge ends, you'll see exactly how much you've improved.
During this review session, you look back on what you accomplished, and see if the following things happened (I'm sure they will have):
- Your listening comprehension will have improved, so you'll understand native speakers.
- You’ll have learned a lot of vocabulary and chunks that you can use immediately in sentences.
- You’ll have the chunks imprinted on your brain and they’ll roll off the tongue in conversations. No more clumsiness, no more guessing!
- You’ll have added a new “German Dimension” to your life.
- You’ll have created some really solid language learning habits! 10 weeks of consistent studying, immersing, doing flashcards, listening, has a transformational effect on you.
Anja's 10-Week German Challenge gives you EVERYTHING you need to take your German to the next level, in a fun, effective and interactive way.
Imagine just waking up every day and knowing that there’s something new to learn waiting for you…
Something that’ll really help you to become a confident and elegant speaker of German on the topics that’ll come up in your life…
And that’s delivered in a step-by-step course, bite-sized lessons, coaching, exercises and resources so that you don’t have to look up any materials anymore yourself!
Of course, the only thing left for you is to take action…
And make no mistake: without implementation, you’ll still get nowhere!
You’ll still need motivation and dedication and put in the work!
But this Challenge takes all the unnecessary hassle out of your hands, so that you can focus purely on learning and using your German!
We've included 6 bonuses, free for you as a participant in the Challenge!
Sentence Structure Masterclass (€50)
Upon enrolling in the Challenge, you'll get the recording of Anja's masterclass that'll show you all the ins and outs of German Sentence structure.
This Masterclass was previously sold as a standalone product for €50, but as a Challenge participant, you get complimentary access to the Masterclass.
Pronunciation Masterclass (€50)
In the Pronunciation Masterclass, we’ll cover things like:
- How to pronounce difficult German sounds like “ch”, the “r” and “au/ei/ie” etc.
- Getting the German accent right
- How to improve your pronunciation every day from your home
Articles Memorization Masterclass (€50)
Are the German articles driving you insane? No worries, we will help you!
We will learn 7 different strategies on how to remember the genders of German nouns (der, die, das). Also, you will get a quiz after each strategy to figure out which one of the 7 suits you best.
Modal Particles Masterclass (€50)
Most German words can be translated into English without a problem, but modal particles are a challenge to translate because the English language has no real equivalent to them.
In this masterclass, Anja will give you an overview of the German articles and their usage (with exercises!)
4 German Cases Masterclass (€50)
Most German learners struggle to understand the 4 German Cases.
In this masterclass, Anja will give you an overview of the German Cases and their usage (with exercises!)
A copy of all Anja's books! (€30)
You'll get a digital book package with all Anja's books:
- Power-Deutsch mit Anja - Eine Reise durch mein Lebens (Anja Winter)
- The 55 Best German Idioms and 20 Funniest Word Creations (Anja Winter)
Here’s What You’ll Get In the Challenge
Comprehensive Learning Pack With Foundational German Conversations
A full stack of learning materials, both designed to teach you real-life German conversations skills and all foundational grammar.
Lifetime Access To Community + German tutors
Monthly live calls, a community, a progress trackers: over the course of the 10 weeks you get everything you need to stay on track and make massive progress.
Certificate of Completion
If you finish the course, you'll get a Certificate of Completion.
Sign up today and get access to these five bonuses, entirely for FREE!
- BONUS #2: Pronunciation Masterclass (€50)
- BONUS #3 (New!): Articles Memorization Masterclass (€50)
- BONUS #4 (New!): Modal Particles Masterclass (€50)
- BONUS #5 (New!): 4 German Cases Masterclass (€50)
- BONUS #6: Book package with a copy of all Anja's books! (€30)
100% Satisfaction Guarantee for 30-Days
Here's the deal:
We're working closely with the participants in this 10-Week German Challenge to make sure we can really help them reach their language learning goals with relevant resources, coaching, support, guidance etc. That's why there's an investment required from your part.
We're confident you’ll make great progress.
In any case, you get 30 days to check out the program, attend the live sessions and get started with your lessons, and if after 30 days you feel that you’re not making the progress you wanted, you let us know and you’ll get a full refund! You can even keep all the learning materials you received in the first month.
As you can see, this is totally risk-free. You have nothing to lose, only amazing new language skills and a transformed “German life" to gain…
If you're ready to get started, just click the button below!
So What Is Speaking German Worth To You?
Let’s consider some of the other options you could try to learn German:
- You could enroll for a course from Goethe Institut: a 12-week course with only evening classes and no guidance or coaching outside of that sets you back at least €800.
- You could hire a private tutor and get weekly tutoring sessions. Such a tutor will easily cost you €50/h; suppose you do 1 session a week, that will set you back €200/mo.
- You could go for a university course, which (depending where you are in the world) can easily cost €2000/semester.
- You could go for a cookie-cutter, one-off course package. They might set you back up to €500, and here’s the thing: they’re linear, pre-made courses that won’t adapt to your needs at all, and is more often than not based on traditional 'cram isolated words and grammar rules' teaching.
Now here’s the thing: while we believe that an investment from your side is actually a good thing to give yourself the proverbial kick in the butt and take action, mastering German, connecting with German culture and chatting away with native German speakers doesn’t have to cost you an arm and a leg.
Moreover, it doesn’t have to be boring, difficult, and it certainly doesn’t have to take away all your time!
A Special Opportunity For You...
You can go through your very own 10-Week German Challenge with Anja and Lukas as your coaches, for just €297, or €115 x 3 months if you prefer to pay in 3 instalments.
So if you’re ready to take your German to the next level, just choose one of the packages below!
*How do I know which level to pick?
We have a placement test you can take after enrolment which will suggest which level (A1, A2 or B1) is the best fit for you.
You can also simply choose a level if you wish. In case it still turns out to be too easy/difficult, we'll let you switch levels during the first two weeks.
*What if I want to do 2 or 3 levels?
Then you'll get a big discount! You can upgrade for one or two extra levels on the thank you page, right after you register.
For which level is this Challenge?
Can I sign up for multiple levels?
How do I choose my level?
What German do you teach?
When does the program start?
What happens if I fall behind or I don't have enough time to study?
Do you issue official language certificates that are recognized by the German government?
Does the 10-Week Challenge prepare me for an official exam (like Goethe)?
How much time do I need to study every day?
What is the difference between this challenge and your YouTube videos?
Which topics are covered in this course?
How do the LIVE calls work?
I see you charge in Euros, how much is the course in my currency?
I can't pay by Creditcard or Paypal...
Do you offer refunds?
One more thing...
After teaching German for so many years, I know how much you can achieve with your German in 10 weeks if you have a clear plan, strategy, the right guidance and good learning materials!
So if you can make a decision today to take your German studies serious now, then I promise to do everything I can to give you personal help, have tons of fun AND finally get those real-life German conversation skills in the next 10 weeks!
Seriously, there's no need to be overwhelmed by your German studies.
We know having confident conversations in German is possible for you. Now let us help you achieve it!