Take your German to the Next Level in Just 10 Weeks
"The course it so complete that my cousin that studied primary and high school in the German college of Mexico city, told me that I have learned in four months all he learned in his first five years in school." - Jorge D.
"You really helped me to remember a lot of things and start being confident again by using German. The structure of the lessons, the chunks and the flashcard made learning German easier and I really enjoyed the experience" - Stella E.
"The dialogs are unbelievable! The characters are very well done. The story is interesting and engaging. The technology and materials are easy to follow. I can't say enough good things:)" - Max H.
10-Week German Agenda (This is only a recommendation, you get lifetime access to the course)
Learn German in the fastest timeframe possible. Here's what you'll discover in the next 10 weeks:
Click to view the A1 Curriculum
Week 1: In the Plane & at the Airport ✈️
- How to introduce yourself & how to say goodbye
- Important sentences for German beginners
- The German alphabet and numbers
- Learn how to ask questions and give answers in German
Week 2: In the Taxi & Hotel 🚕 🏨
- When and how to be formal or informal in Germany
- How to pay in Germany
- The German umlauts Ä, Ö, Ü
- Important hotel words
- Learn the German possessive articles ("mein", "dein", "ihr")
Week 3: At the Market & Coffee Shop 🛍️ ☕
- The most important vegetables and fruits
- How to negotiate and talk about prices
- How to ask and talk about jobs
- How to introduce someone
- Learn how to use the German Plural
Week 4: At the Train Station & In the City 🚉 🌇
- How to ask for & give directions
- The different modes of transportation
- Buying tickets
- Talking about sights
- Learn how to use separable verbs
Week 5: In the Restaurant 🍝
- Reading German menus
- How to order in a restaurant
- How to express favor
- How to make appointments
- Learn about the position of the verb in German sentences
+ 1st milestone exam 🏁
Week 6: In the Apartment & Living Room 🛋️
- Talking about family & family status
- Describing and comparing people
- The numbers 100 to infinity
- Learn how to negate & intensify German adjectives
Week 7: In the Supermarket 🛒
- Everything you need to know about German breakfast
- Important kitchen words
- Talking about groceries, quantities & packages
- How to express tastes and preferences
- Learn how to give commands and instructions in German (imperative)
Week 8: In the German Course 🇩🇪
- How to tell a story
- How to give personal information
- Common German interjections
- How to use ordinal numbers
- Learn how to create German past tenses
Week 9: In the Park 🏠 🌳
- Writing emails & letters in German
- Using time indications correctly
- Writing an invitation
- Talking about hobbies and free time
- Learn how to connect sentences with "und", "aber" & "denn"
Week 10: In the Clothes Store 👚
- Talking about clothes
- Understanding weather forecasts
- Planning a party
- Talking about different rules
- Learn how to use the German dative case
+ Final A1 exam 🏁
Click to view the A2 Curriculum
Week 1: At the neighbor 🚪
- How to ask & talk about family & relationships
- Ways to respond to invitations
- Overview of the German perfect tense
- Learn how to master the two-way prepositions
Week 2: On a Date 🍸
- How to give compliments in German
- Master German small talk
- How to describe people
- Understand “Denglisch”, a mix of German & English
- Learn the difference between “das” & “dass”
Week 3: In the Government Building 🏛️
- Understand the language of the authorities
- How to understand words in forms & documents
- German conjunctions like “aber” & “denn”
- Learn how to use the local prepositions “in”, “zu”, “bei”, “aus” & “von”
Week 4: At Home 🏠
- Talking about movies (genres)
- Learn how to make suggestions with “können”
- Get to know the most popular German dishes
- Learn how to read recipes
- The most important verbs about money
Week 5: At the Concert 🎸
- Talking about music
- How to schedule appointments
- How to call a German customer service
- How to describe problems on the phone
- Learn everything about German temporal prepositions like “vor”, “nach” & “in”
+ 1st milestone exam 🏁
Week 6: In the Hospital 🏥
- Important hospital words
- Talking about the body and pain levels
- How to express concerns
- Learn how to use local prepositions like “an…vorbei” or “gegenüber”
Week 7: Sport at Home 🏋️
- Talking about sports & exercise
- How to doubt or reject something
- Talking about Traveling & Flying
- How to form “dass” sentences without “dass”
- Learn how to use reflexive pronouns
Week 8: At the Flea Market 👕
- How to negotiate prices in German
- Important flea market words
- Talking about jewelry
- Get to know the German adjective endings
Week 9: In the Beer Garden 🍺
- How to express wishes / desires with “hätte gern” & “würde gern”
- Talking about the job
- How to book an accomodation
- How to rent a car
- Get to know cardinal directions
Week 10: In the Bank 🏦
- Get to know important terms in a bank and for opening an account
- How to indicate account details
- Get to know exceptional colors
- How to use the local prepositions “durch”, “entlang”, “gegen”, “um” & “über”
+ Final A2 exam 🏁
In cooperation with this
All-Star Team of German Content Creators:
Learn German with Anja
Deutsch mit Marija
Dein Sprachcoach (Maria)
Your Daily German
Learn German Easily
Feli from Germany
Lerne Deutsch (Steffi)
Learn German Fast (Natalia)
Let's be honest, German grammar can be a real killer ☠️
Wie traurig - How sad 😞 You've learned some German and you finally get the chance to talk to a native German speaker. Now it's time to make a good impression. So you gather your courage, open your mouth and.... NOTHING comes out.
I mean, complete silence. You just get stuck with some crazy verb conjugation or a German case that doesn't seem to make any sense at all.
It almost feels like you’re trying to solve some impossible mathematical equation.
That's a pity because you know that speaking German fluently could change your life, right?
What if you could speak German?
Imagine that in 10 weeks from now, less than 3 months, you will have learned so much German that you can:
Go to Germany, step off the plane ✈️ or the train 🚋...
and you can converse comfortably with Germans in most of the situations you end up in that day.
You ask for directions to a local “Berliner” 🙋♀️
You buy train tickets, all in German 🇩🇪
You arrive at your new apartment 🏠, introduce yourself 💁🏽, and instantly make new friends 👬.
You go grocery shopping 🥨.
In all these situations, you can hold your ground in a real-life conversation in German.
Not without mistakes, of course.
But you know what to expect and what to say, and you understand what others are saying to you.
You can focus on exploring a new country, making friends, and having actual conversations with them, instead of constantly worrying about grammar.
You won’t feel clumsy and you won’t have to translate in your head anymore.
Imagine being able to achieve all this without boring text books and having to learn lots of grammar rules by heart?
Wouldn't that be cool?
Well, it's possible, here's how:
The 4M-Formula in our German Academy... what you need to become fluent in German:
With this system, you WILL speak German!
How do we know?
Because we've had thousands of students learn German with us in the past few years. Here is what Jen says, for example:
Join my brand new German Academy 2.0!
I’ve partnered up with some of the most popular German content creators to give you a super fun video series. It's perfect for German language learners like you.
Over the course of 10 weeks you’ll learn everything you need to reach your next level in German.
How does the program work?
Stop wasting hours wondering what you should do next to improve your German. Instead learn with real-life conversations... Here is our concept:
✅ You follow a step-by-step online study program with multiple weekly lessons (all tied together as an entertaining story).
✅ At the same time, you also learn all the foundations of German grammar that you need to start holding native-sounding conversations.
✅ In 10 weeks you wrap up the Challenge. You will now be able to use your new German skills in conversations with native speakers.
IMPORTANT! You don’t have to complete all the lessons within 10 weeks. The course is self-paced and you get lifetime access so you can take as much time as you need to finish it.
Who is this for?
YES: The Challenge is perfect for beginners & upper beginners. You get all the dialogues to be able to converse German, AND grammar foundations at A1 level.
YES: If you are at an advanced level, have never learned with chunks before and want to brush up on all your basics (there’s TONS of content in here). In the past, we've had many students go from B1 back to A1 beginner dialogues to learn the chunks from the more "foundational" situations covered in this course.
NO :( : If you are at a very advanced (B1-C1) level already, then the learning materials are probably too easy for you.
Here's everything you'll get in our German Challenge:
✔ 2 new Units with 6 video lessons per Week
We have 20 units, each containing 3 video lessons. In total, that's 60 video lessons.
These units cover all foundational grammar for the corresponding level.
You get lifetime access to the lessons (meaning you can continue to access them even after the Challenge ends).
And you can download and/or print out the materials if you prefer to learn with paper materials or listen to the dialogues in your car.
Easy to use: We show you exactly how to use the materials to get the most out of the course!
Every lesson comes with:
- Real-life conversations from native speakers in video form: Watch, learn and have fun! All videos come with subtitles in "German" and in "German-English". You can also adjust the speed of each video.
- Downloadable audios by native speakers so you can practice your listening skills and learn on the go.
- An extra downloadable pdf transcript with a parallel translation in English so you don't need to use a dictionary.
- The most important chunks (useful phrases) are highlighted in the pdf transcript. This way you don't have to search for them yourself!
- Grammar explanations with each lesson. We cover all the foundational grammar topics.
- Grammar, Vocabulary Chunk Exercises for each lesson. Finally master German grammar!
- Flashcard decks for each dialog. These flashcards contain the relevant chunks in their sentence context and contain native-speaker audio. Available to practice anywhere in a special app for your phone/tablet/computer.
We use the SPACED REPETITION SYSTEM (SRS) in our Flashcards.
SRS is a learning system that helps people memorize vocabulary in the most efficient way possible. It relies on a principle called “spaced repetition”, which is when you review new information repeatedly with a time interval in between. This allows us to learn quickly and efficiently.
- Writing Exercises + Feedback! At the end of each lesson, there are writing exercises so you can activate your writing skills, too. And the best part? Our tutors will make corrections and give you feedback.
- Speaking Exercises! Try to answer the questions in our speaking practice videos and activate what you've learned!
- NEW: Interactive Quizzes! We've added even more exercises in form of interactive quizzes.
✔ 10 Weeks of Guidance
Learning a language is not a linear process. Sometimes you feel like you’re improving a lot, then one bad experience can make you feel like you’re not getting anywhere. The trick is not to let this discourage you. If you stick with the program for 10 weeks, you WILL make tremendous progress.
In our Challenge, you will have access to a community of other Challenge participants, Anja and other German teachers who will answer your questions. You will also get support from a group of other passionate German learners, who are more or less at the same level, who have the same interests, who go through the same struggles and victories as you do. This way you keep yourself on track and accountable and you stick with it during the 10 weeks.
✔ Lifetime Access To Our German Q&A Community
In addition to lifetime access to the materials, you also get lifetime access to our Community with other German language learners. After all, you might have questions about these lessons in the future as well!
We've noticed in past courses how motivating it can be to be in a community with other students. You're not in this alone, and it's fun to share photos, videos, resources, memes and have a place to go to.
✔ Big Review: Get A Certificate Of Completion!
When you complete all units, we will issue you a Certificate of Completion! (You don't have to complete everything within 10 weeks to get the certificate... anytime is fine.)
(Disclaimer: this is not an official CEFR certificate validated by German authorities. It's a certificate that we issue to you to show that you have successfully completed our course :) ).
During this review session, you will look back at what you have accomplished and check if the following things have happened (I'm sure they will have):
Your listening comprehension will have improved so that you will understand native speakers.
You will have learned a lot of vocabulary and chunks that you can use immediately in sentences.
You will have the chunks imprinted in your brain and they will roll off your tongue easily in conversations. No more clumsiness, no more guessing!
You will have added a new "German dimension" to your life.
You’ll have created some really solid language learning habits! 10 weeks of consistent learning, immersion, studying with flashcards, listening and binge-watching our videos will have a transformative effect on you.
What our Students say 👩🎓
Here's What Our Approach To Learning German Did For Previous Challenge Participants!
We've included 7 bonuses, free for you as a participant in the Challenge... for limited time!
Sentence Structure Masterclass (€50)
Upon enrolling in the Challenge, you will get the recording of Anja's masterclass that'll show you all the ins and outs of German Sentence structure.
This Masterclass was previously sold as a standalone product for €50, but as a Challenge participant, you get complimentary access to the Masterclass.
Pronunciation Masterclass (€50)
In the Pronunciation Masterclass we will cover things like:
✔ How to pronounce difficult German sounds like “ch”, the “r” and “au/ei/ie” etc.
✔ Getting the German accent right
✔ How to improve your pronunciation every day from your home
Articles Masterclass (€50)
Are the German articles driving you insane? Don't worry, we're going to help you!
We will learn 7 different strategies for remembering the genders of German nouns (der, die, das). Plus, you will get a quiz after each strategy to find out which of the 7 strategies suits you best.
Modal Particles Masterclass (€50)
Most German words can be translated into English without a problem, but modal particles are a challenge because there is no real equivalent for them in English.
In this masterclass, Anja will give you an overview of the German articles and their usage (with exercises!)
4 German Cases Masterclass (€50)
Most German learners struggle to understand the 4 German Cases.
In this masterclass, Anja will give you an overview of the German Cases and their usage (with exercises!)
A copy of all Anja's eBooks! (€30)
You'll get a digital book package with all all of Anja’s Books:
✔ Power-Deutsch mit Anja - Eine Reise durch mein Leben (Anja Winter)
✔ The 55 Best German Idioms and the 20 Funniest Word Creations (Anja Winter)
NEW! BONUS #7
Our Audiobook Course (€247)
You'll get our complete Audiobook Course with 60 exclusive audio dialogues and matching exercises
Use the course forever
Watch a fun Comedy Series with bite-size pieces of important grammar
60 exclusive Videos
+ downloadable MP3 files and transcriptions
To put into practice what you have learned and test yourself
30-Day No Questions Asked Money Back Guarantee
Join our Course and start speaking REAL German like a Native today. Choose your level below:
German Beginner (A1) *
"Germany, I'm coming!" Join Katie's journey to Germany and learn German along the way. My comprehensive beginner programme teaches you German through real-life conversations in form of a fun TV show.
German Pre-Intermediate (A2) *
"Germany, I'm here!" Katie's life in Germany starts and so does yours! Do you understand most of what I say without subtitles? Then you're probably a pre-intermediate and ready for some more advanced real-life conversations.
German Intermediate (B1) *
"My life in Germany" - Break through the Intermediate German Plateau with my comprehensive intermediate course that takes you from competent to confident in no time!
German Upper-Intermediate (B2) *
"We discover Germany" Become an accomplished and fluent German speaker with my upper intermediate level conversations course. We'll be travelling through Germany by motorhome.
*Not sure about your level? You have two options:
1) Take our placement test. OR:
2) Join a level of your choice and see if it's the right fit. We'll let you switch levels within the first 2 weeks for free if it's too easy or too difficult for you.
*Want to do 2 or 3 levels (A1 & A2 & B1)?
Then you'll get a big discount! You can upgrade for one or two extra levels on the thank you page, right after you enrol.
Frequently Asked Questions
What German do you teach?
Can I sign up for multiple levels?
What happens if I fall behind or I don't have enough time to study?
Do you issue official language certificates that are recognized by the German government?
Does the Course prepare me for an official exam (like Goethe)?
How much time do I need to study every day?
What is the difference between this challenge and your YouTube videos?
Which topics are covered in this course?
Does the Course include explanations in English?
I see you charge in Euros, how much is the course in my currency?
I can’t pay by credit card or Paypal...
Do you offer refunds?
Does Anja give private classes?
One more thing...
After teaching German for so many years, I know how much you can achieve with your German in the next 10 weeks if you have a clear plan, strategy, the right guidance and good learning materials!
So if you make the decision today to take your German study seriously now, I promise to do everything I can to give you personal help, have tons of fun AND finally get those real-life German conversation skills in the next 10 weeks!
Seriously, there's no need to be overwhelmed by your German studies.
We know having confident conversations in German is possible for you. Now let us help you achieve it!